Monday, July 23, 2007

More therapy, more progress

Those who only see M occasionally always remark how much he has progressed. As for me, it's like not noticing how much your child has grown until you get the winter pants out, then you realize, "Wow, she must be two inches taller than last year!" For M, we can see measurable progress by the week, but because I'm so close, expectations are so high, and my frustrations so close at hand, I see less the miracle in front of my eyes.

This week M will transfer from Challenge to TOTS (TIRR outpatient therapy services) so he can get more therapy, paid for by the state. Our health insurance coverage for therapy has maxed out.

Today for the first time, M walked around the esplanade in front of our house, a fifth of a mile, I think. And last week, when I griped that I always had to warm up our meals (many days we have meals prepared for us), M got up, prepared and served dinner! Great initiation.