Sunday, December 30, 2007

Christmas presents

Dh walked the dog with me today using his new tricycle. This season has been nothing short of amazing, with this only one example. Friends have blessed us with good wishes and with many unexpected gifts for me and the children. Dh's sister, brother-in-law and mother gave me the gift of a break. Dh did wonderfully well at his sister's house, while the kids and I spent some restful days out of state with my sister. Dh has come so far and the improvements have even sped up recently. With some of our Christmas money (thanks friends and neighbors!), I bought a Nintendo DS with brain training software, and Mindfit and Brain Fitness for the PC. And dh's doing these with minimal assistance from me (mainly just keeping him on task). I've experienced many things to give me hope: dh's behavior, the amazing stories others have shared, convictions in my prayers and prayers of others, and the stories in a fantastic book, The Brain that Changes Itself: Stories of Personal Triumph from the Frontiers of Brain Science.