Monday, March 26, 2007

Time catches us

Some day we will exist unbound by time and space, but for now, in mortal bodies, we are carried inexorably forward. M slowly is getting used to the rhythm of the week, with the work week contantly busy. On the weekends, he is more restless, with little scheduled work to use up his energy. And he struggles to make sense of time -- day and night, minutes and hours. M can read, so I have written important milestones and facts from his life and posted these on the wall of his room. As I put one sheet on the wall, M says, "We were married in 1946." No actually, I say, we ARE 46, but we married in 1981, as I hasten to add that to the paper.

On April 2nd, he will have spent a month at TIRR, very profitably so. M has progressed wonderfully. But there is so much more to be done (I pray) and M's stay is projected to be halfway over. In early May, he will be coming home. And on the first Friday of May, friends have organized a fundraiser for us. Later in the month, we will celebrate our 26th wedding anniversary and then school will be out for the summer. Before then, I will return to work and we will be establishing a whole new rhythm to our lives. I pray that by then, M will be more moored by time. Blessings all!