Friday, March 2, 2007

A colleague's opinion

From Jack Lejune, a court reporter M respects highly. Ma took Jack to Paris a few years ago instead of me!

Though I have met and worked with, quite likely, over a thousand attorneys in the past 34 years, M stands out, even in such a large group. He’s always friendly, patient and, most notably, always happy. I’ve seen, on numerous occasions, defense counsel (as many as 8) become upset (seemingly) with M, tell him he’s wrong, sometimes angrily, at times condescendingly and, M to his credit, presses on, unswayed, unintimidated and, again most notably, happily; smiling all the while. Unflappable; that’s M. Perhaps he thrives on controversy. Perhaps he finds humorous the attempts of others to “derail” him. I don’t know, but it’s an admirable quality, one I’ve very much enjoyed observing.
M is a special human being and one of my favorite attorneys to work with. Hopefully he will attain full recovery so that we can all have the pleasure of his company, his presence, for many years to come.

Thank you, Jack. I would love others to send me their stories, too.